DECREES ON JUSTICE
FOR THE DIOCESE
1. That a committee composed of priests and civil lawyers be formed for more effective action in helping the victims of injustices.
2. That the existing Boac Lingkod-Pari Foundation, Inc. be strengthened to support the needs of the priests.
3. That a committee be established to study and secure the welfare of the workers of the Diocese and parishes (such as SSS, PhilHealth and other benefits).
4. That programs of the Diocese for the youth be intensified especially for the poor and out of school youth.
5. That there should be concrete programs for the welfare of the senior citizens, victims of child abuse and labor, the sick and disabled.
6. That there be continuous and extensive campaign for environmental protection against massive mining (open-pit, underground, etc.) and other industries or activities that affect greatly the environment and ecology of the province.
7. That there should be an extensive and critical study on the implementation of Parish Self-Sufficiency Program which would eventually lead to the abolition of the Arancel System.
8. That there be a continuous study and conscientization programs on human rights and responsibilities in the different aspects of life: personal, cultural, spiritual, social and political, especially during election time.
FOR THE CLERGY
9. That the priests may live up to the true spirit of brotherhood, simplicity, and justice.
10. That they be sensitive to attend to the needs of the workers in the parish and to be careful and prudent in giving criticisms to the lay ministers of the Holy Mass.
11. That they be fair and just to all people when ministering and celebrating the Sacraments and Sacramentals.
12. That all priests be involved and commit themselves to stand for issues on justice and morality.
13. That priests intensify their services to those in the rural areas for them to learn the people’s longings, aspirations, and dreams thus addressing their concrete needs.
14. That they be models of justice and truth as they preach the Word of God.
15. That they give special attention and concern to the poor, oppressed, and disabled and maintain a welcoming spirit for them at all times.
FOR THE LAITY
16. That they actively participate in the Church’s activities and in solving the present problems according to the law of the Church.
17. That they encourage, guide, and help the officials of government, schools and community in order to act properly according to the just law of God and man.
18. That they share their treasure, talents, and time in serving the people.
19. That they be collaborators and partners of priests in moral, and spiritual issues, and that they be supportive to the financial needs of priests.
20. That they be continuously active in serving the Church regardless of whoever priest may be assigned in their Parish.
FOR THE PARISH
21. That the formation and organization of BPK (Batayang Pamayanang Kristiyano) living the virtue of justice be intensified and systematized in the barangays.
22. That proper support be given to the organizers of BPK (Batayang Pamayanang Kristiyano).
23. That a legal council be organized and a budget be allotted for the needs of the victims of injustices.
24. That financial support be redoubled for Catechetical Program.
25. That there be programs on on-going formation of conscience in the form of adult catechism to address the present problems of the faithful.
FOR THE COMMISSION ON FORMATION
26. That there be a continuous program and support for the formation of catechists on justice.
27. That there be an extensive, systematic, and advanced training for the people on justice based on the Social Teachings of the Church for them to know and promote the importance of human rights.
FOR THE COMMISSION ON WORSHIP
28. That there be a regular study of those who serve in the altar (lay ministers, acolytes, altar servers, lectors, commentators) on justice.
29. That the priests and the faithful strengthen and support the choir as an essential element of Liturgical celebrations.
FOR THE COMMISSION ON SERVICE
30. That Cooperatives be encouraged and strengthened especially in the remote barangays.
31. That “Justice and Peace Desk” be established to resolve issues and violations against human rights.
32. That there be a “Counseling Ministry” for the families of the prisoners.
FOR THE COMMISSION ON FAMILY AND LIFE
33. That the whole family be involved in the activities and programs of the Church regarding justice.
34. That the Matrimonial Court of the Diocese be made operational.
35. That there should be a massive campaign and conscientization on the immoralities of abortion and the use of artificial contraceptives.
FOR THE COMMISSION ON YOUTH
36. That concrete programs be intensified to answer the needs of the youth regarding justice.
37. That the youth be taught about the evils brought about by various vices and guide them to get involved in social issues.
FOR THE SCHOOLS
38. That the teachers and students be encouraged continuously to get involved in the Church’s activities and on issues regarding justice.
39. That the faithful support the Catholic Schools and strengthen the Parent-Teachers Community Association (PTCA).
40. That a study be conducted and justice be served by giving appropriate financial assistance to the teachers and poor but deserving students.
FOR THE COMMISSION ON VOCATION AND MISSION
41. That there be an early, continuous, and intensified formation of seminarians on justice.
FOR THE RELIGIOUS
42. That their services to the poor be intensified.
43. That every religious become sensitive to the needs of their fellow religious.
44. That they get involve in the activities and programs of the parishes and the Diocese on justice.
ADDITIONAL SEPARATE PROPOSAL
45. That mutual cooperation and continuous collaboration between the Church and the Government be intensified on issues about justice.
DECREES ON LOVE
FOR THE CLERGY
46. That priests become role models in giving love and concern to the people by their continuous pastoral zeal to programs, which are initiated by the Diocese and implemented in the parish in the spirit of charity and reflected in the celebration of the Sacraments especially the Sacrament of the Holy Eucharist.
47. That priests visit the sick more often and respond immediately to those in need especially in giving the Sacraments of Reconciliation and Anointing of the Sick.
48. That priests devote more time and attention to parish members in remote places or barangays. (“barangay-babad”).
49. That priests be the first to show unity, love, and brotherhood among themselves.
50. That priests give priority in attending to the needs of fellow priests; defend them against false gossips and allegations and devote time to listen to problems of brother-priests.
51. That priests be models of love for prayer, the Sacrament of the Eucharist and devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary.
52. That priests cooperate and strengthen their relationship with the different departments in the government (barangay, municipal, provincial, national) in order to address and resolve the various problems affecting the people.
53. That priests continuously educate the faithful community on the value and importance of the Holy Eucharist.
54. That priests get involve in promoting the spirit of Ecumenism.
FOR THE LAITY
55. That the laity show deep understanding and response to the needs and concerns of the priests and religious sisters.
56. That the laity support the priests in their moral, spiritual and financial needs.
57. That the laity be responsive to the needs of others especially the youth, senior citizens, farmers, fishermen, disabled persons, prisoners, and families of migrant workers.
FOR THE COMMISSION ON LITURGY
58. That liturgical songs be classified and practiced consistently for proper and meaningful liturgical celebrations.
59. That a system or variations in conformity with the norms of Liturgy be designed in order to have a more active, alive, meaningful celebration of the Mass, especially during significant and important celebrations in the parish or the Diocese.
60. That the faithful be continuously formed and given updated training on the value of the Holy Eucharist as the center of Christian Life.
61. That local devotions and unique traditions found in the province be enriched and internalized, making them parts of Christian life in the community.
62. That a Catechetical instruction be provided in different liturgical rites and gestures found in the liturgical and para-liturgical celebrations.
FOR THE COMMISSION ON FORMATION
63. That due attention and thorough catechesis be given on preserving and protecting the environment and natural resources (marine reserve, water shed, sea farming, waste management).
64. That the Local Church and Local Government establish coordination and cooperation in giving scholarship grant to the poor and deserving youth.
65. That moral and financial support be established for the proper implementation of programs concerning scholarship grants, the formation of the members of the faith community and the Parish Pastoral Council (PPC).
66. That a sufficient and continuous training be provided to members of the commission towards a more effective means of teaching and developing relevant strategies and systems (critical thinking) that resonates the challenges of the present time and leads toward achieving well-informed mind.
67. That Catechists be given ongoing training and study on preserving and protecting the environment.
68. That spiritual programs like retreat, recollection, workshop-seminar, etc. be given regularly to government employees so that they may become effective servants of man and God.